Monday, September 10, 2012

a journey with a promise

My story began on February 17, 2011: the day I found out I had cancer.  The nasty thing is called Ewing's Sarcoma.  It was a huge golf ball sized lump on my left collar bone.  As you may have guessed, something wasn't right and I went in for scans and biopsies and what not to figure out what the heck this alien under my chin was.  To my dismay, cancer had forced itself upon my young, innocent high school life.  So here's my story, through my thoughts during that horrible trial, through what kept me going, through what I went through, through myself just sitting here thinking back about my past life that changed me forever and will forever be a part of who I am.  But as of now, I am in remission.  My last treatment ended on October 17, 2011(go figure the date).  Sorry if this is disorganized and jumbled, but from here on out, I will simply just spill everything out onto this blog since my brain can't hold everything in any longer.  So bear with me, but I think this will be a great journey.  As my mother told me once I found out I had cancer, "This is your journey with a promise."  The journey fricken sucked, but I definitely learned a lot about myself, who my true friends are, the great and mighty power of our God, the power of prayer, and the real importance of having family and loved ones in your life.  And as for the promise, I'm still figuring out what that is...

###Alexis

1 comment:

  1. Alexis, you continue to amaze me! You are a pillar of strength and an inspiration! Keep doing what you're doing girly!
    Xoxo,
    Nurse Carolyn ;)

    ReplyDelete